The Leering Head model is a greening skull-like face with prominent cheekbones, a mocking wide grin and a left eye slightly bigger than the right one, giving off the impression that the figure is trying to make eye contact with the guests.
The Haunted Mansion
The Leering Head is one of the most notable and widely-used head models in the attraction. It is used as:
- The Skeleton Hitchhiking Ghost.
- The Hatbox Ghost
- Three Family Portraits (King Leer, Hatbox Ghost, Bowler-Hat Spook)
- A Pop-Up Ghost
- A Station Clerk in the Phantom Canyon section of Phantom Manor.
- Before the 2018 refurbishments of the attraction, the Phantom as seen on top of the Doom Buggies in the Hall of Mirrors section of Phantom Manor has this head mould.
- Trader Sam's Grog Grotto/Enchanted Tiki Bar: The mug for the Shrunken Zombie Head beverage at these locations is the leering mould, adapted to resemble a shrunken head.
Behind the scenes
- The Leering Face was sculpted by Blaine Gibson.
- The Facial appearance of the Grim Reaper illustration in Madame Leota's spell book is virtually identical to that of the leering head
- At special times in the Magic Kingdom, photos can be taken in front of the hearse which reveals a phantom hearse driver with the Leering Head.