“House Ghosts” is the fiftieth episode of House of Mouse, originally airing on October 10th, 2003 on Toon Disney. It is the only episode of the show to prominently feature Haunted Mansion characters, aside from small cameos.
It’s Halloween at the House of Mouse, and they’re holding a costume contest. Everyone wants to win.
Grim Grinning Ghosts
When no one finds Pete’s costume scary, he decides to scare them silly. He opens a crate labeled “Hitchhiking Ghosts”. Ezra, Phineas, and Gus come onto the stage and sing "Grim Grinning Ghosts". The Lonesome Ghosts skip around him, making him jump behind a gravestone. When he turns around, the Hatbox Ghost is there, waiting for him. Pete jumps back, right in front of the Executioner who's ready to scare the daylights out of Pete and has tea with the Hitchhiking Ghosts..
He runs away, into another set of graves. The skeletons do their skeleton dance with him, and he hides in a crypt, where the Hitchhikers lock him inside. There, the bride is extending her hand towards him. He runs up and kisses it, but it disintegrates and she becomes a rotting corpse. The Lonesome Ghosts return, skipping around him, pulling down his underwear making him naked and he runs away, again. The Hitchhikers return to the stage and finish their song, to rapturous applause. After that, Mickey's being lifted by the Lonesome Ghosts.
The Hitchhikers appear, once more, at the end of the episode. Mickey tells Donald that they didn't have the contest on account of the ghosts that Pete released earlier, and they appear next to them. Donald screams and runs away, before Mickey says they'll have to have it next year.
- Hansel and Gretel (Danse Macabre)
- Pluto Gets the Paper: Spaceship
- How to Haunt a House
- Executive Producers: Roberts Gannaway and Tony Craig
- Producer: Melinda Rediger
- Director: Tony Craig and Roberts Gannaway
- Supervising Story Editor: Kevin D. Campbell
- Writer: Tracy Berna
- This was the second time Haunted Mansion characters appeared in House of Mouse - the first time being in Mickey’s House of Villains.
- Coincidentally, "How to Haunt a House" is narrated by Corey Burton, the voice of the Ghost Host in Haunted Mansion Holiday.
- Animation in this episode was recyled from Mickey’s House of Villains.
- Grim Grinning Ghosts was arranged by Michael Tavera.
- The skeletons from the short Skeleton Dance (1929) appear in the Haunted Mansion segment.